New volume 2012-07-04 13:34:26 description
New volume 2012-07-04 13:34:26 contents
- Philadelphia Medicine The first hospital, the first medical school, the first medical society, and abundant Civil War casualties, all combined to establish the most important medical center in the country. It's still the second largest industry in the city.
- Philadelphia Medicine (2) Philadelphia is where medicine began in America
- Quakers: The Society of Friends According to an old Quaker joke, the Holy Trinity consists of the fatherhood of God, the brotherhood of man, and the neighborhood of Philadelphia.
- North of Market The term once referred to the Quaker district along Arch Street, and then to a larger district that had its heyday after the Civil War, industrialized, declined, and is now our worst urban problem area.
- Health Insurance Clinton Health Plan and its replacements.
- Philadelphia Physicians Philadelphia dominated the medical profession so long that it's hard to distinguish between local traditions and national ones. The distinctive feature is that in Philadelphia you must be a real doctor before you become a mere specialist.
- Old Age, Re-designed A grumpy analysis of future trends from a member of the Grumpy Generation.
- Hospitals and their Future New topic 2019-03-21 19:29:46 description
- Robert H. Bork (1 of 1) 5 blogs "The life of the law has not been logic. It has been experience. "--Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.