New volume 2012-07-04 13:34:26 description
New volume 2012-07-04 13:34:26 contents
- Philadelphia Medicine The first hospital, the first medical school, the first medical society, and abundant Civil War casualties, all combined to establish the most important medical center in the country. It's still the second largest industry in the city.
- Philadelphia Medicine (2) Philadelphia is where medicine began in America
- Quakers: The Society of Friends According to an old Quaker joke, the Holy Trinity consists of the fatherhood of God, the brotherhood of man, and the neighborhood of Philadelphia.
- North of Market The term once referred to the Quaker district along Arch Street, and then to a larger district that had its heyday after the Civil War, industrialized, declined, and is now our worst urban problem area.
- Health Insurance Clinton Health Plan and its replacements.
- Clinton Health Plan of 1993 - Part One Mistaking Senate re-election of Harris Wofford to mean the country demanded reform of the medical system, newly-elected President Clinton announced he would create one. When stakeholders surmised he was making it up as he went along, they deserted him.
- Clinton Health Plan of 1993 - Part Two Fifteen years after the Clinton Plan, public dissatisfaction with the health financing system is no better, probably worse.
- Old Age, Re-designed A grumpy analysis of future trends from a member of the Grumpy Generation.
- Hospitals and their Future New topic 2019-03-21 19:29:46 description
- Robert H. Bork (1 of 1) 5 blogs "The life of the law has not been logic. It has been experience. "--Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.