There were three Quaker colonies, all of them founded by William Penn: New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware.
arma virumque canocui pro primus aboris
- Quakers: The Society of Friends According to an old Quaker joke, the Holy Trinity consists of the fatherhood of God, the brotherhood of man, and the neighborhood of Philadelphia.
- Quakers: William Penn Although Ben Franklin gets more ink lately, William Penn deserves at least equal rank among the most remarkable men who ever lived.
- Quakers: All Alike, All Different Quaker doctrines emerge from the stories they tell about each other.
- Tourist Trips Around Philadelphia and the Quaker Colonies The states of Pennsylvania, Delaware, and southern New Jersey all belonged to William Penn the Quaker. He was the largest private landholder in American history. Using explicit directions, comprehensive touring of the Quaker Colonies takes seven full days. Local residents would need a couple dozen one-day trips to get up to speed.
- Early Quakers in Philadelphia New topic 2012-08-24 13:35:17 description
- Where Quakers Lived: New Jersey New topic 2015-10-07 16:54:27 description
- Where Quakers Lived.Pennsylvania New topic 2016-10-29 15:13:21 description
- Slavery and Quakerism New topic 2016-12-03 19:18:44 description
- Where Quakers Lived.: Delaware New topic 2016-12-04 04:00:17 description
- Quaker Peace Testimony New topic 2016-12-04 04:05:49 description
- Quaker Business New topic 2016-12-04 04:11:17 description
- Quaker Theology New topic 2016-12-04 04:18:19 description
- Quaker Gardens New topic 2016-12-04 04:23:55 description
- Quakers and Government New topic 2016-12-04 04:30:20 description