Health Reform: A Century of Health Care Reform
Although Bismarck started a national health plan, American attempts to reform healthcare began with the Teddy Roosevelt and the Progressive era. Obamacare is just the latest episode.
New volume 2013-04-22 18:07:03 contents
- Medical Malpractice The medical system is on the point of abandoning the city to escape abusive lawsuits. A series of observations about shared blame, ultimately assigns responsibility to the mistake of allowing this matter to be covered by insurance, thus creating a financial target.
- Medical Economics Some Philadelphia physicians are contributors to current national debates on the financing of medical care.
- Clinton Health Plan of 1993 - Part One Mistaking Senate re-election of Harris Wofford to mean the country demanded reform of the medical system, newly-elected President Clinton announced he would create one. When stakeholders surmised he was making it up as he went along, they deserted him.
- Clinton Health Plan of 1993 - Part Two Fifteen years after the Clinton Plan, public dissatisfaction with the health financing system is no better, probably worse.
- Health Insurance Clinton Health Plan and its replacements.
- Medical Economics (2) New topic 2013-04-09 21:37:40 description
- Reflections on Impending Obamacare Reform was surely needed to remove distortions imposed on medical care by its financing. The next big questions are what the Affordable Care Act really reforms; and, whether the result will be affordable for the whole nation. Here are some proposals, just in case.
- Health Savings Accounts, Regular, and Lifetime We explain the distinction between Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, and Lifetime Health Savings Accounts. Sometimes abbreviated as HSA, FSA, and L-HSA. Congress should make it easier to switch between them. All three are superior to "pay as you go", health insurance now in common use, only slightly modified by Obamacare. It's like term life insurance compared to whole-life. (www.philadelphia-reflections.com/topic/262.htm)
- (Front Stuff for Health Savings Accounts: Second Edition) George Ross Fisher, M. D. Health Savings Accounts: Second Edition George Ross Fisher, M. D.