New volume 2012-07-04 13:34:26 description
New volume 2012-07-04 13:34:26 contents
- Philadelphia Medicine The first hospital, the first medical school, the first medical society, and abundant Civil War casualties, all combined to establish the most important medical center in the country. It's still the second largest industry in the city.
- Philadelphia Physicians Philadelphia dominated the medical profession so long that it's hard to distinguish between local traditions and national ones. The distinctive feature is that in Philadelphia you must be a real doctor before you become a mere specialist.
- Clinton Health Plan of 1993 - Part One Mistaking Senate re-election of Harris Wofford to mean the country demanded reform of the medical system, newly-elected President Clinton announced he would create one. When stakeholders surmised he was making it up as he went along, they deserted him.
- Clinton Health Plan of 1993 - Part Two Fifteen years after the Clinton Plan, public dissatisfaction with the health financing system is no better, probably worse.
- Health Insurance Clinton Health Plan and its replacements.
- Philadelphia Medicine (2) Philadelphia is where medicine began in America
- Old Age, Re-designed A grumpy analysis of future trends from a member of the Grumpy Generation.